Protect yourself from the electromagnetic fields of cell phone masts, WiFi networks and so on with innovative shielding materials. How to use special reflective paints, window films, fabrics, canopies, curtains and meshes.
- How to measure the radiation levels in my space to see if there is a reason to shield?
- How to shield a space from the radiation of cell phone masts, wireless Internet networks (wi-fi), cordless phones, etc .;
- Where are high frequency electromagnetic shielding solutions usually applied?
- How to shield a space from the radiation of high voltage lines, transformers, electrical panels, etc.?
- 3) What is the cage Faraday, how can I construct it?
How to measure the radiation levels in my space to see if there is a reason to shield?
You can measure the radiation levels in your spaces using a high frequency radiation meter and a low frequency radiation meter or a combination meter.
How to shield a space from the radiation of cell phone masts, wireless Internet networks (wi-fi), cordless phones, etc .;
Wireless radiation enters the building easily from windows (unless the glass has a metal coating) and are blocked to some extent by the walls depending on the thickness and type of structural material.
Electromagnetic shielding materials are special fabrics, window films, meshes, wallpapers and paints that reflect more than 99% of wireless radiation due to their special conductive composition.
- Window films with metal coating or curtains with a special weave of copper and silver, are placed on the windows, significantly reducing the levels of radiation due to external radiation sources (e.g. cell phone masts), since the windows are the most vulnerable points to the penetration of wireless radiation.
- The walls of buildings reflect/absorb a portion of the external wireless radiation, depending on the thickness and type of the structural material. By painting the walls with electromagnetic shielding paint we can achieve even greater reduction of radiation in a space, which is usually desirable when there is a source nearby (eg cell phone masts at distance <200 m). The paint can even be used even on the floor. These paints provide higher radiation attenuation rates, even for very high frequency radiation, while also shielding from the low-frequency electric fields (e.g. from wires, electrical appliances, etc.).
- On walls that have not yet been plastered or on floors that have not been laid, you can place a special stainless steel mesh. This mesh is stainless steel so it can be easily used outdoors (eg nailing it on the external walls).
- Electromagnetic shielding fabric which reflects wireless radiation can be placed underneath the sofa or bed when the radiation source is below (eg wireless modem from neighbor).
- Practical solutions for the bedrooms offer the shielded bed canopies. They inhibit penetrating radiation from all directions except from the bottom of the bed (but you can put shielding fabric underneath the bed). With such canopies, you get the minimum disturbance of your sleep from your current and future wireless radiation sources and do a daily break from electromagnetic pollution.
The actual radiation attenuation rate depends on the reflection provided by each material but also on the coverage of the surfaces. Any unshielded spot is a potential point of penetration that can reduce the local or overall result of the shielding project.
The use of main shielding materials which provide shielding rates 20-40dB (paint, window films, curtains, canopies and mesh) at over 50% of the area's surfaces usually means practical reduction of radiation values of more than 90%. For higher shielding rates >99%, which are usually desired when recording values >10,000 microwatts / m2, we recommend the use of materials that provide attenuation >50dB (special wallpapers, canopies and curtains), or a combination of materials (e.g. curtain and window film) and greater emphasis on prevention unshielded openings.
For shielding from external radiation sources the greatest reduction is achieved by shielding the windows, walls and roofs facing the source. By shielding other sides of the space we also reduce the radiation penetration through reflections. Shielding all sides constitutes a preventive measure of protection from the possibility of the future presence of new sources of radiation.
Electromagnetic shielding solutions are especially recommended in bedrooms, because the artificial electromagnetic interference is considered more aggravating during the critical hours of sleep.
Common metal meshes, due to their large hole opening, provide low rate of screening, especially at high frequencies. Also, materials such as aluminum foil are not suitable for use as shielding materials because they are not breathable, often retain moisture (causing mold in walls) and are oxidized with time.
Where are high frequency electromagnetic shielding solutions usually applied?
- In houses nearby cell phone masts, radio broadcasting antennas etc. (Most burdened are rooms with windows that have visual contact with the antenna).
- In apartment buildings due to the presence of a multitude of cordless phones and wireless internet networks.
- In densely populated areas because of the presence of more cell phone masts.
- On the upper floors of buildings, which are more exposed to all kinds of wireless radiation than the ground floor or basement areas.
- In schools, nurseries, maternity wards, hospitals, nursing homes, etc. due to the greater sensitivity of children, fetuses, pregnant women, sick and elderly in wireless radiation.
- In hotels, spas, medical centers, clinics, etc. which want to create zero wireless radiation zones.
- In office buildings with high surrounding usage of wireless devices.
- In houses made of wood or with thin walls in which the wireless radiations penetrate easily.
Shielding materials are the only solution to protect against the continuous increase of electromagnetic pollution from cell phone masts, broadcasting antennas, wireless internet networks (Wi-Fi), cordless telephones, satellites, radar, WI-MAX networks (wide range Wi-Fi), antennas of ministries, embassies, army, amateur radio antennas, police, private security companies, transport companies and taxi communication networks, smart meters and a variety of other wireless applications.
“A major contemporary threat to the health of Society is man-made ‘electrosmog’. This non-ionising electromagnetic pollution of technological origin is particularly insidious, in that it escapes detection by the senses – a circumstance that, in general, tends to promote a rather cavalier attitude, particularly with respect to the necessity of ensuring an adequate degree of personal protection. Yet the nature of the pollution is such that there is literally ‘nowhere to hide”. Dr. Gerard Hyland, Biophysics, University of Warwick, 2 times Nobel Prize contender Medicine 
How to shield a space from the radiation of high voltage lines, transformers, electrical panels, etc.?
These sources generate magnetic fields due to the leakage of current and electric fields due to the presence of voltage.
Shielding of Magnetic Fields
Magnetic fields penetrate most materials unaffected.
Magnetic shielding materials have very high permeability and "pull" the magnetic field lines forcing them to pass through them, thus reducing the magnetic field values in the rest of the space. They are also very expensive.
Materials such as copper, lead or aluminum are not suitable for shielding the magnetic fields as many people believe, because they have very low permeability (relative permeability ~ 1). Magnetic shielding materials are metal alloys, ceramics etc. with a much higher permeability (relative permeability >2000).
In rooms that have windows, the shielding of windows is usually required to achieve a significant reduction. Alternatively, you can create specific structures that cover only certain areas (e.g. workstation, bed etc.).
Due to cost and effectiveness constraints their use is only recommended in cases of very high radiation values when it is not possible to distance yourself from the source.
The protection from small transformers, motors and electrical panels is relatively easier because you can shield the source instead of the entire room.
Shielding of Electric Fields
The lines of the electric fields are directed from higher to lower voltage points and are attracted to grounded conductive materials.
Thus, the electric fields due to high voltage lines do not usually affect at all the interiors of neighboring buildings as they are grounded by most building materials (possible exception: wooden houses).
However, in outdoor areas close to high voltage lines, electric fields may be high. The electric fields can be reduced by placing trees or other grounded conductive objects (eg mesh stainless steel) facing high voltage power lines.
Indoor electric fields which are due to electrical devices, building electrical installation cables, electrical panels etc.. A convenient solution for their shielding electrical fields is to use conductive paint or conductive bed canopies which are grounded and pull the electric fields.
3) What is the cage Faraday, how can I construct it?
Faraday cage is called each conductive shell that covers all surfaces of an area and shields most types of artificial electromagnetic radiation (exception: low frequency magnetic fields).
To create a faraday cage you cover every surface of a room with grounded shielding materials (paint, mesh etc).
The conductive shielding bed canopies are an easy solution to create a Faraday cage in the bed area.
The creation of a Faraday cage is used for:
- Protecting sensitive to electromagnetic interference electronic equipment in laboratories, hospitals, diagnostic centers, recording studios, etc.
- Avoiding wireless data theft from corporate buildings, military installations, etc.
- maintaining the functionality of electrical appliances, cars, etc. during solar or geomagnetic storm (have occurred in recent history, causing major damage and are considered likely to occur in the near future ) or due to emitting EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) in case of war with electromagnetic or nuclear weapons (a popular theory mainly in the USA).
*This website is affiliated with the sellers presented, meaning that we earn a commission every time someone buys coming from our website.